Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Daily Dose of... Buddha

The biggest challenge for me has been to not take things so personal and to stop worrying about my past and fretting for the future.
Learning to take things in stride is extremely difficult, it takes a lot of time to continue to tell yourself to not 'sweat the small stuff'.
There is a Zen proverb that basically tells you to feel a feeling (whether it be bad or good) in it's entirety - feel it until you can't feel it anymore and then simply... let it go. This has been an amazing mantra for me!
Learning not to take things personally is equally as hard, but it can be achieved if you want it for yourself.
During my struggles with health, I find that this quote has really resonated within me. Meditation is perfect for finding balance day to day.
So, our quote of the day is:


"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor worry about the future or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." - The Buddha
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment