Tuesday, March 27, 2012

There's Always Time If You Make Time For... Saving The World

A few nights ago, I was overcome with emotion (no, there was not a sloth near) and I thought long and hard about what I was doing with my life. I had one of those "If an asteroid hits the Earth tomorrow, would I be able to be a fulfilled dead person?" - yes, it was my actual inner monologe - stop judging!
:)
However, I realized that everything is step- by - step, so, on my personal mission to save the world, I have decided to apply to become a Big Sister! In 2009, I did a practicum with Mount Royal at a local elementary school and a couple of the kids there were Littles and I got really attached to them. So, why I am applying now? I feel like now I've learned so much, now I'm ready to be a mentor and to teach somebody something good, something that will change their life for the better. Start small, right?
I'll keep updating on how it goes! I'm very, very excited to be given the chance to be a mentor and to make a difference in a young person's life!



This is me and my gorgeous niece Madeline; she is one young person I know I make a difference to, and that is pretty damn wonderful! I love you, Moo!

No comments:

Post a Comment