Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Today's The Day For... Forgiveness

My grandmother and I have never really been close; there's been conversations that we've had in which nasty words were exchanged and there were a couple of years that we didn't speak to each other.
The other day, my 12:30pm class was cancelled, and I did what I once thought was unthinkable- I called my grandmother.
I ended up going over there for lunch and tea and we actually... talked. Not about what had happened between us before, but about life and whats been going on with us recently - I actually had a very good time.
I had a good talk with my good friend, Stacey - a Reiki master and RMT- about everything and she had a really cool insight: she told me that this month it seems to be a "healing of the heart" month and that hearts are starting to heal from old wounds. I really took that to well, heart, and I guess I finally buried the hatchet with my grandmother. It feels good to have that weight lifted.
Forgiveness is something we can all attain- not easily, but is worth it.
 Once we open up to forgiveness, we can open up to ourselves and our inner truths!
Namaste



1 comment:

  1. What a great blog Katherine:)
    I'll give my moms recipe for french onion too, I give it a 7 but don't tell my mom;0lol
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete