Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My Daily Dose of... Buddha

"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared." - The Buddha
This quote is something I am considering placing on my invitations; meaning our happiness being shared on our wedding day. There truly is so much happiness in our love and we can't wait to share it with the people who mean so much to us.
However, my main issue is tolerance to my beliefs. Usually, at work or with my friends, when I talk about Buddhism and how I am studying it and continually trying to incorporate it into my life, I get a ton of support! My colleagues and my friends embrace me as I am, even though many of their beliefs aren't exactly parallel with mine. 
Our wedding will have hints of Buddhism to it; it will not be a traditional Mahayanic Buddhist wedding, but since it is my way of life, I will be incorporating Buddhist aspects into the ceremony and reception. I think I may be the first member of my family to get married that will not be getting married in a church... which may turn some of my family members off.
My hope is that, because I am tolerant of others' beliefs and values, that the people we love and are excited to share our special day with will reciprocate.
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment