Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ready for Reiki?

As the field of energy work and Reiki becomes increasingly popular, curiosity surrounding these techniques grows and, in our uninformed Western World, we don't always know the basics about such modalities or the masters behind the work.

We were lucky enough to have Registered Massage Therapist and Reiki Master Stacey Frizzell answer a few of our questions about Reiki and energy work. Stacey is the owner and operator of her successful, home based business Life Balance

Visit Stacey's website here: http://www.lifebalancelive.com


 Q: Tell us a bit about yourself and about your company, Life Balance
I have run a home based business for the last 3.5 years. My focus is preventative health care in the form of energy healing, massage, and reflexology.  

Q: What made you decide to begin studying massage and Reiki?
I was a very sensitive intuitive Being for as far back as I can remember. I did not know how to use it and felt very lost. It was by ‘chance’ about 11 years ago I went for a Reiki Treatment , I had no idea what to expect, but kept an open mind. When I drove home that day after my treatment, I felt better and more peaceful than I had in years! It was a life changing event for me and opened the doors to Eastern Healing and Philosophy. A few years into studying Reiki and other forms of healing, massage came as the natural next step to incorporate physical healing modalities as well.


Q: Why do you love it, and why do you stay in the Health & Wellness field?
It is my Passion!! I do not know where I would be if I did not learn of the subtle but powerful tools of self healing. It increased my physical health, mental health, and opened me to my own beautiful spiritual path. I plan to stay in this line of work to help empower others in taking charge of their health and following their own intuition.

Q: What exactly is Reiki and why is it beneficial?
Reiki is a form of energy healing, founded in Japan in 1922. Its is a gentle laying of hands along a persons body feeling their energy flow ‘chi’. Reiki helps promote energy flow and releases blocks in the body caused by stress. The goal for this energy healing is to release stress and stuck energy in the body before it manifests into physical illness. If the physical illness or pains are already present Reiki can be profound in managing and possibly eliminating aliments.

Q: You also hold meditation classes and are vocal about the benefits; what got you interested in meditation?
Again my passion for this comes from my own experience and profound personal gains I have received through meditation. Scientists show that 12 minutes a day of meditation can change your brain chemistry, improving your mood and increasing your energy! My biggest joy of meditation is I have learned how to have peace and quiet in my mind when I sit with this intention.

Q: As a registered massage therapist, your job is very hands on and must be tiring! How do you unwind, relax and rebalance your muscles and mind?
I have learned balance is key. Being self employed allows me to spread out my schedule to keep myself from burn out.  Also I do my best to practice what I promote! I do this by meditating daily, yoga, and going for regular massage and Reiki treatments!

Q: What does a day in the life of a Reiki Master look like?
Ha-ha my life is pretty normal. I do take note of people I meet more by their energy field than what they say. It has helped me become more compassionate and sensitive when it comes to understanding others.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment