Monday, December 17, 2012

"Oh Boy!" Orange Chicken

I'm calling this dish "Oh Boy! Orange Chicken" because this chicken will have your taste buds saying just that! "Oh, boy this is good!" Yes, I'm really tooting my own culinary horn here, but I'm quite proud of this recipe if I do say so myself!
Completely gluten and dairy free, and I paired it with cut up cucumbers and bell peppers with a drizzle of olive oil and some Italian seasoning, as well as my no-fry fries recipe.

Kath's "Oh Boy!" Orange Chicken
2 chicken breasts, cubed
1 tbsp corn syrup
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp Kikkoman Gluten Free soy sauce
2 tbsp Organicville Tangy Gluten Free BBQ Sauce
2 tsp. orange zest
1 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup corn starch
1 egg white
rosemary, to taste

In small bowl, combine corn syrup, honey, lime juice, soy sauce, BBQ sauce, and orange zest and juice. Set aside.
Crack egg white into small bowl and spread cornstarch onto flat plate or surface for coating. Dip each cube of chicken into the egg white, and then coat with cornstarch. Place coated cubes onto non-stick frying pan and cook, stirring frequently, until outside of coated chicken is lightly browned.
Pour orange mixture on top of chicken cubes and stir. Cook for about 15 minutes on high or until chicken is cooked through. Add rosemary with about 5 minutes left to cook.

Enjoy!
(C)FrenchOnionSoupBlogCalgary

No comments:

Post a Comment