Tuesday, December 18, 2012

There's Always Time If You Make Time For... Music

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."
- Aldous Huxley
I love the quote above, and I also love who said it! Aldous Huxley wrote Brave New World and, if you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. 
 
Music is such a huge part of our lives - we hear it when we're shopping, traveling, working out, everywhere! Some of us may even imagine it in our heads as our "life soundtrack".
 Funny story; the reason Tom agree to get set up on a date with me is that his best friend told him that I love the Beatles (when I was doing some gentle Facebook stalking before we met, I saw a Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band shirt on him and I knew that he would get me).
I know how diverse and how impossible it is to even begin to describe music, but I think that we can all agree with what Huxley has said; music can move people, it can inspire and invigorate, and it always conveys a message... whether or not it has lyrics.
We should be grateful for music, and we should celebrate it! 
So, challenge yourself today! Don't be afraid to belt it out in the car, or rock out with your earphones in while you're waiting for the bus. 
How did you celebrate music today?

No comments:

Post a Comment