Monday, December 10, 2012

Why Not... Write It Down?

Many people don't journal; either they feel that they have no time to, they don't have anything to write in, or (the worst excuse!) they 'don't know how to!
It's not that hard; you can keep a journal on your computer, on blank sheets of paper, a notebook- there are so many mediums that one can use for a journal!
I like to journal because, if I'm having an issue or I just have a thought in my head that I know is ridiculous but I can't stop thinking about it, I journal! That way, it becomes an outlet for me and, later I can go back and read through what was bothering me and see if it still makes sense when I read it!
Often, it doesn't. So, I learn something, and I get to improve myself, too!
It can also help you as a kind of way to "let go" of the past, or even if something in your future is worrying you! Let your pen help you to let go of your worries!

If you meditate, it is recommended that you keep a journal about what you may feel, see, etc. during a sit down of meditation. I think that everyone can benefit from journal-ing!
So, challenge yourself this week; make the effort to journal every day and see if it can help make a difference in your life, too!

“Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.”
- The Buddha



No comments:

Post a Comment