Monday, November 4, 2013

Easy, Delicious Dessert!

I love a good dessert... something that love goes into, something homemade, something sweet! When I was a teenager living at home, I took great pride in cooking for my parents. So, one night I made a fabulous dinner and then felt the need to top it off with a dessert. They loved it and it has been sitting at the back of my mind for a looong time - I think I've only made it once since then! Now, this isn't a "healthy" recipe per se... so it is NOT for those who are doing the whole clean eating thing as it does use sugar. But, it is a delectable delight; enjoy!

Sugared Vanilla Banana Dessert
2+ bananas, peeled (depends on how many you are making for)
2 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tbsp white, granulated sugar
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of cloves (ground)

sorbet/ ice-cream (optional)

In small (large enough to hold an entire banana) pan, heat vanilla on low. Once vanilla begins to bubble, stir vanilla to ensure that it does not stick to the pan. Turn heat to simmer. 
Place bananas in pan and sprinkle sugars, cinnamon, and cloves on top. After 1-2 minutes, turn over and sprinkle sugars, cinnamon, and cloves on the other side. Once both sides of bananas slightly caramelized, cut banana in two and serve over sorbet (vanilla) or ice cream (dairy free or not),

Enjoy!
(C)FrenchOnionSoupBlogCalgary

No comments:

Post a Comment