Monday, September 14, 2015

Make Every Morning Count


One thing I've learned in my "quest" to become healthier is that every single thing you put in your mouth counts. Now, obviously one cheat meal won't be the end of everything, but getting into the habit of even one big cheat meal a week can really derail you... especially if you're like me and your willpower isn't that strong!

I can't eat a big breakfast - it makes me feel sick. So, I'm usually limited to egg whites with some seasoning, but it isn't enough to get me through the day until lunch (with school and work my schedule is tight). When my friend Stacey introduced me to smoothie bowls, I was pumped! So, now, because I'm usually on the go, I drink my breakfast along with my egg whites.
(C)Katherine Wittman

This beauty has 10g protein, 9g fibre, just over 50% daily recommended Vitamin C intake, and a whole lotta taste!

Cherry-Banana Breakfast Smoothie
1 cup Silk Unsweetened Coconut Milk
1 cup no sugar added frozen dark cherries
1 banana
1 tsp flaxmeal
1 tsp chia seeds
3 tbsp vegan yogurt
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
handful of kale, chard, or collard greens

Place all ingredients in blender, food processor, or NutriBullet. Blend until smooth. Enjoy!

Namaste.



No comments:

Post a Comment